Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Every Moment

That same irritating buzz informs my brain to transmit a message to the rest of my body that it is time to get back to work.
With a deep breath and a stifled sigh I move my toes so as to move the blanket off of me feet slowly. Don't want to send shocks through my body, you got to wake up nice in slow in order for the day to go smoothly.
Instead of falling snow the crack between the curtains solves the mystery of the weather. Sunny with a high of 75, love that song.
A new day brings new struggles, new experiences, new faces and conversations. Yesterday still screams loudly in the back of your mind, secretly choosing your responses for today.
Nobody really understands it... no one knows what the outcome of the day will bring, though we speculate and always hope for the best.
Life's unexpected turns leave everyone with a sense of uneasiness in the back of their minds. We don't do well with the uncertainty. We are controlling beings and the idea of not knowing what the next moment brings causes us to act first and think later.
Our lack of faith in a human's character tends to make us question their motives and many times we misjudge others, we put others down to make ourselves feel better.
Why can't we be honest about our insecurities, embrace the fact that we cannot obtain perfection and give those worries and weaknesses to out maker?
When I look at human behavior, especially my own I end up feeling sad and confused. This may sound like some preacher conveying a "holier then thou" message from a pulpit but I am putting myself in the mix. I want to help make this world a better place. I know that I will not be here forever, I understand that this lifetime will only feel like a minute compared to eternity.
We have to plan for that... never take a moment for granted. Shed those weaknesses and allow God's strength to shine through.
Just a thought,
That's all for now
~Amy Jo~

No comments:

Post a Comment