Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Down in the Dumps

So today has been one filled with many emotions. I often times find myself falling back into old habits of self-destruction. Not in action but in thought; I tend to see only the good in others and only the negative things in myself. It is important to see your own faults but there must be a good balance in order for one to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I can't speak for everyone... I can merely talk about my own past, I can draw from my experiences and hopefully help others on their journey so that they do not follow the same wrong path and so that they will be able to make the right choices.
People, are hard to figure out. We all act on emotion; when we are anger we lash out at those we love. When we fall in "love" its hard to see past those feelings and really think consciously about the things that we are doing and the choices that we are making. As we grow older and mature we teach ourselves to take a step back and to analyze the situation to make sure that we are making the right decisions. At the same time we are not always able to achieve this. So we need to make wise choices in who we allow in our lives.
Family... we can almost always count on our family to have our back; to kick us in the butt when we need to wake up and make a change and to be there for us when things take a turn for the worse. They are there to be your anchor, your rock and they won't let you walk foolishly into a dangerous situation.
Friends... it is difficult to find a close group of friends whose motives are completely pure and who will be blunt and honest (even when you don't want to hear the painful truth). Friends are an especially special gift because you are able to hand pick those that you desire to be a part of your life. It is usually easier to be open with your friends because you have a unique level of trust and you feel as though they won't judge you.
It's funny because when I began this entry I was feeling low, and even a little depressed. But when I began to talk about all the amazing people that I have in my life it is as though all the weight of the day was lifted off my shoulders because it caused me to think about how extremely blessed I am. I shouldn't complain, I should be thankful and I should always show them love in return.
That's all for now,
Amy Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment