Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My reasoning

Many people seek an outlet in life when they are feeling frustrated or upset. I am one of these people and my outlet is... writing. I am 20 years old and in I am at the point in my life where I am taking the steps to create the pathway to the lifestyle I desire to one day be able to live.
I'm an Elementary Education Major at UNL and I absolutely love knowing that once I graduate in 2013 I will be able to impact kids by showing them that learning is a gift and a privilege; not something to dread. Energetic and motivated by nature I tend to overdo things. I want to be involved and I want to live my life to the fullest and without regrets.
My goal for this blog is that it will become somewhat of a sanctuary for me; a place I can run to when I feel lonely or trapped. Words have in essence become my freedom; no one can tell me what to say or what to feel and I can write anything that I so desire to. I don't want this to be something shallow or pointless. I want to express myself; I want to be honest and I want to use myself as an example so that others may be able to learn from my mistakes.
This journey of discovering who I am has been one filled with a lot of bad choices. I pride myself on my natural tendency to see the good in people. I am a lover not a fighter and yet I have to be honest in saying I too have hurt people along the way. I aim to have pure intentions in all the things that I do; however I am a human being... one who can act selfishly and whine when I don't get my way.
In life my goals are to maintain healthy relationships and to always show love to those around me. I want to laugh easily; life is a precious thing and too many of us waste time holding grudges and causing drama. I am extremely blessed in my life to have a loving family, fantastic friends and a strong faith. Taking things for granted is a common occurrence here on earth, my deepest hope is that when I do take even the smallest of things for granted that I will be able to take things into account and put things into perspective and realize quickly that I if I need to always be thankful for what I have been given and at this moment... I am! :)
That's all for now
~Amy Jo~

No comments:

Post a Comment