Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day

When I feel overwhelmed with the hardship of this world, my natural reaction is to turn to a reliable friend. This week I have been reminded of all the amazing people I have been blessed to have in my life. I don't understand why it is so easy to take these fantastic people for granted.
I run to these people when thing's don't go well and I complain about how tough my life is... they listen patiently, they hold my tightly and they remind me that I am loved. How is it that I can whine so easily and so constantly? I wish instead that I would take this time and shower them with the love that they deserve! 
I want to make them smile... like the billion times they have caused my lips to curve upward 
I want to hold them tight... just as their embraces have warmed my spirit 
They deserve the very best in this life; I only hope that I have added something special to their lives. Each and every one of these friends have impacted my life in such a special way. I don't think they realize how much their love and support means to me throughout each day. 
I hope they feel my grateful I am for them...
I pray that they are able to see how without them I would not be the same person that I am today. 
"A friend should be one in whose understanding and virtue we can equally confide, and whose opinion we can value at once for its justness and its sincerity." -- Robert Hall
I know what my friends have done for me... I only hope that they consider me to one of those special people that they could not live without because I know that my life would be a much darker place without them. 



That's all for now
~Amy Jo~

No comments:

Post a Comment